Welcome to Capital Health Plan (CHP). As the top-rated health plan in Florida, we’re committed to providing the highest quality of care and service to our new members. And we understand that getting started with a new health plan can be a little confusing, so here we’ve put together some resources to help you get started in our Important Member Information below.
One of your first steps as a CHP member is selecting a new primary care physician. You can visit our Doctor/Provider Directory to search for the one who's right for you. And don’t forget to create an account at CHPConnect, our convenient online portal where you can manage many aspects of your health care.
In addition to providing coverage for health care within our service area, CHP also operates our own CHP Health Centers where you can visit our Urgent Care center and get routine services such as X-rays, eye exams, screening tests, and much more.
You can learn more about the services, tools, and programs offered by Capital Health Plan in our Resource Guide.
Important Member Information
Welcome to Capital Health Plan! We understand that getting started with your health plan, whether you are a new or renewing member, can be a little confusing. Below we’ve put together some resources to help you get started:
How to Select a Primary Care Physician
One of the most important health care decisions you will ever make is selecting your primary care physician (PCP). This is your health care partner and central coordinator for everything pertaining to your good health. Primary care physicians include family physicians, internal medicine physicians, and pediatricians.
The process for choosing your primary care physician is simple. Select a PCP who is accepting new patients from our Doctor/Provider Directory and call Capital Health Plan Member Services to enroll under your chosen doctor.
Follow the below steps for choosing a PCP:
- View our Doctor/Provider Directory.
- On the Doctor/Provider Directory, use the drop-down menu in the category labeled Accepting New Patients and select Yes.
- Next, use the drop-down menu in the category labeled Primary Care Physicians and select Yes.
- Click on the green Apply button.
- Review the list of PCPs accepting new patients and choose the one you would like to have as your health care partner.
- Notify CHP Member Services by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This method automatically sends a secure message to Member Services and your selection will be completed that evening.
- You may also call Member Services at 850-383-3311 with your decision so we may update your records. We are also available to assist you in your PCP selection.
Coordination of Benefits
The process of accurately coordinating benefits between more than one insurance plan enables CHP to ensure that claims are processed in both a timely and efficient mannter. Please complete the Coordination of Benefits Form within the first 30 days of your CHP coverage. You can obtain a copy of this document by downloading the form and instructions.