Below is additional information about community resources available for those who need assistance. You may also call the CHP Health Information Line for further assistance to connect with available resources for your needs.
- 211 Big Bend - Just as you would call 911 for emergencies, you can call 211 for human service information and assistance. 211 Big Bend is avaialble 24 hours a day to listen and provide emotional support, crisis counseling, suicide prevention, and information & referrals. You do not have to be in crisis to call, there is no eligibility criteria, and the services are free.
- SHINE - Serving Health Insurance Needs of Elders (SHINE) is a free program offered by the Florida Department of Elder Affairs and your local Area Agency on Aging. Specially trained volunteers can assist you with your Medicare, Medicaid, and health insurance questions by providing one-on-one couseling and information. SHINE services are free, unbiased, and confidential.
- United Way - Offers programs and rsources to support the success of families, individuals, and a thriving community.
- Ability 1st - Ability 1st provides support services, advocacy, and information to empower people with disabilities to live independently. They can also assist with Durable Medical Equipment (DME) and will work with low income individuals on cost.
- Refuge House - The mission of the Refuge House is to provide direct services to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, and to their children and families, as well as to eliminate such violence through community education and public advocacy.
Food Insecurity Assistance
- Second Harvest of the Big Bend
- Elder Care Services' Meals on Wheels
- Leon County Humane Society - pet food assistance
Financial and Legal Assistance
- Catholic Charities - Assistance with low income families in the greater Tallahassee region that can administer emergency assistance, case management, guidance, and support.
- Legal Services of North Florida - Provides representation to low income and vulnerable individuals in civil matters only.