The Vascular Disease Management Program is designated to provide resources to help members make healthy lifestyle choices while supporting the individual treatment plan. Prevention of major cardiovascular events like heart attack and stroke is the main goal.
Vascular disease encompasses a wide variety of conditions, including:
- Heart disease, history of cardiac bypass surgery, or placement of cardiac stents
- Angina (heart pain) or history of a heart attack
- Cerebral (brain) artery disease or history of a stroke
- Carotid artery disease or narrowing of the large arteries in the neck
- Peripheral artery disease or narrowing or blockage of arteries in your arms or legs.
- History of a blood clot
Learn more about: