One of the most important health care decisions you will ever make is selecting your primary care physician (PCP). This is your health care partner and central coordinator for everything pertaining to your good health. Primary care physicians include family physicians, internal medicine physicians, and pediatricians.
The process for choosing your primary care physician is simple. From our Provider Directory , select a PCP who is accepting new patients and call Capital Health Plan Member Services to enroll under your chosen doctor.
Follow the below steps for choosing a PCP:
- View our Provider Directory.
- On the Provider Directory, use the drop-down menu in the category labeled Accepting New Patients and select Yes.
- Next, use the drop-down menu in the category labeled Primary Care Physicians and select Yes.
- Click on the green Apply button.
- Review the list of PCPs accepting new patients and choose the one you would like to have as your health care partner.
- Notify CHP Member Services by calling with your decision so we may update your records.
You may also use CHPConnect to notate your PCP selection. This method automatically sends a secure message to CHP Member Services and your selection will be completed that evening.