To Our Members:
- What kind of personal information we collect about you and how we obtain it
- How we use your personal information
- What kind of personal information about you we release to other companies
- How we protect your personal information
- Members can call Member Services at (850) 523-7441 or (877) 247-6512 (TTY users should call (850) 383-3534 or (877) 870-8943), 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.; seven days a week, October 1 to February 14; 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday to Friday, February 15 to September 30.
- State of Florida members can call (877) 392-1532, 7:00 am to 8:00 p.m.
- Employer representatives can call the Marketing Office at (850) 523-7333.
What Kind of Personal Information Do We Collect and How Do We Obtain It?
Generally, the information includes your name, address, phone number, social security number, date of birth, age, sex, height and weight, occupation, health habits, and general medical information. It could also include accident and injury dates. Most of this information is provided by you. We obtain personal information about you from the following sources:
- An application for a health plan
- Your physician or other health practitioner
- Your employer
- Other sources
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use your personal information to perform transactions and functions necessary to implement and administer the health plan benefits purchased from us. On occasion, your personal information is used for reporting or other functions required or permitted by law.
What Kind of Personal Information About You Do We Release?
We may share any of the information we collect about you (as described above) with our affiliates, namely our health business partners. We may disclose any of the information we collect about you to other parties, including vendors and governmental agencies retained to audit medical records and billings. However, the type and the amount of information we share with others is limited to what is necessary to implement and administer the health plan you have with us, or as otherwise permitted or required by law. We may disclose any of the information we collect about you (as described above) to companies that perform other services on our behalf, including administrative services.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. We access and use your personal information to the extent necessary to administer the health plan services you are entitled to. We establish confidentiality agreements with contracted parties that receive nonpublic personal, financial, and health information about you. We restrict access to your nonpublic personal, financial, and health information to those employees who need to know that information to administer the product or service you purchased from us.
Original approval 10/23/2001, revised 6/05, reviewed 9/6/2007. Revised/Approved by Compliance Committee 8/25/09; Reviewed 5/17/11, Revised 9/14/12, Reviewed 2/08/2014. Reviewed 2/17/2015, Reviewed 5/24/2016. Last updated: 11/2/2016