Attention: New Online Scheduling Option!
Online Appointment Scheduling
Our patients may now schedule real-time medical appointments online with their primary care provider (Physician Group of Capital Health Plan and Nancy Van Vessem, M.D., Center For Healthy Aging practices), Eye Care Provider or Urgent Care.
The New NextGen Patient Portal
The new Patient Portal provides convenient, secure online access to the Physician Group of Capital Health Plan, allowing members to maintain an ongoing relationship with their doctor and practice staff.
With our new NextGen Patient Portal, you can:
- Exchange secure messages directly with your doctor, nurse, or eye care technician
- Schedule appointments
- Receive test results and requisitions;
- View your health record. View visit summaries, lab results, and other documentation
- Request medication refills
- Access health forms. Complete paperwork before your appointments
- Request eyewear prescriptions
Still have an old portal account? As of June 2022, any old accounts will be deactivated. Call our office to sign up for our new patient portal!
Already completed your new Patient Portal enrollment?
Physician Group of Capital Health Plan
The Physician Group of Capital Health Plan (PGCHP) is focused solely on taking care of Capital Health Plan (CHP) members. Whether you are a long-time patient or new to their practice, every aspect of your patient-centered medical care is coordinated by a primary care physician dedicated to improving your health.
The Physician Group of Capital Health Plan provides comprehensive health care for our patients of all ages, genders, and conditions. Our goal is to promote disease prevention and healthy living, so in addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, we also provide preventive care, health risk assessments, immunizations, screening tests, comprehensive management of chronic conditions, and education on maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
In addition, the Physician Group of Capital Health Plan utilizes an extensive network of speciality care physicians located throughout our service area who provide care to our members in their own offices. CHP’s network also includes hospitals and other clinical facilities throughout the service area, and Centers of Excellence when medically appropriate.
Your Patient Centered Medical Home
The Physician Group of Capital Health Plan achieved the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) recognition as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) in 2020.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition raises the bar in defining high-quality care by emphasizing access, health information technology and coordinated care focused on patients,” said NCQA President Margaret E. O’Kane. “Recognition shows that the Physician Group of Capital Health Plan has the tools, systems and resources to provide its patients with the right care, at the right time.
One of the most important health care decisions a patient will ever make is selecting a Primary Care Physician (PCP). At the heart of a Patient Centered Medical Home is your ongoing relationship with a PCP and the Care Team. Your PCP at the Physician Group of Capital Health Plan will provide comprehensive health services through an integrated health care delivery system. Evidence-based medicine and clinical decision-support tools guide decision making. You are at the center of the medical team and actively participated in the decisions concering your health.
Your immediate Care Team includes your PCP, nursing staff, and reception staff. This team is your health care partner and central coordination point for everything pertaining to your good health. Everything is coordinated across all elements of the complex health care system and communication is streamlined through the online secure patient portal.
Using The Physician Group of Capital Health Plan
Selecting a CHP Primary Care Physician
Choosing the right physician as your primary health care partner is an important decision. Evidence-based, patient-centered care is what the Physician Group of Capital Health Plan delivers. We offer a wide selection of board-certified, experienced, and caring physicians to address your health needs and goals. If you are a Capital Health Plan member and would like to become part of the Physician Group of Capital Health Plan, please follow the steps below to choose a primary care physician (PCP):
- Find a physician in the Physician Group of Capital Health Plan who is accepting new patients:
- Access a list of our physicians on the Provider Directory page.
- Click on the link that best suits your needs, either by location or specialty.
- Click on a physician's name or picture for a brief biography, board certifications, languages spoken, and whether they are accepting new patients.
- Review the physicians accepting new patients and choose the one you would like to have as your health care partner.
- If you have trouble finding an available primary care physician, please call Capital Health Plan Member Services.
- After picking your physician, update your records either by calling Capital Health Plan Member Services or by making the selection in your CHPConnect account, which automatically sends a secure message to Member Services.
Have an upcoming appointment with our practice?
Our health questionnaires, powered by Instant Medical History, provide a safe and secure method to share health information with your doctor for your upcoming scheduled appointment.
Click the appropriate link below to complete your health questionnaire no more than 7 days prior to your scheduled appointment:
- Falls Risk Survey (for those age 65 and over)
- New Patient History (for those new to a PGCHP Primary Care Practice)
*Information entered will only be available to our office upon your arrival for your appointment. If you need to schedule an appointment, contact your primary care office or you can now schedule real-time medical appointments online with their primary care provider (Physician Group of Capital Health Plan and Nancy Van Vessem, M.D., Center For Healthy Aging practices), Eye Care Provider or Urgent Care.