Physician Group of Capital Health Plan
The Physician Group of Capital Health Plan is focused solely on taking care of CHP members. Whether you are a long-time patient or new to their practice, every aspect of your patient-centered medical care is coordinated by a primary care physician dedicated to improving your health.
The Physician Group of Capital Health Plan provides comprehensive health care for our patients of all ages, genders, and conditions. Our goal is to promote disease prevention and healthy living, so in addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, we also provide preventive care, health risk assessments, immunizations, screening tests, comprehensive management of chronic conditions, and education on maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
In addition, Capital Health Plan also has an extensive network of affiliated primary and specialty care physicians located throughout our service area who provide care to our members in their own offices. Capital Health Plan’s network also includes hospitals and other clinical facilities throughout the service area, and Centers of Excellence when medically appropriate.
Using Our Practice
Selecting a CHP Primary Care Physician
Choosing the right physician as your primary health care partner is an important decision. Evidence-based, patient-centered care is what the Physician Group of Capital Health Plan strives to deliver. We offer a wide selection of board-certified, experienced, and caring physicians to address your health needs and goals. If you are a Capital Health Plan member and would like to become part of the Physician Group of Capital Health Plan, please follow the steps below to choose a primary care physician (PCP):
- Find a physician in the Physician Group of Capital Health Plan who is accepting new patients:
- Access a list of our physicians on the Provider Directory page.
- Click on the link that best suits your needs, either by location or specialty.
- Click on a physician's name or picture for a brief biography, board certifications, languages spoken, and whether they are accepting new patients.
- Review the physicians accepting new patients and choose the one you would like to have as your health care partner.
- If you have trouble finding an available primary care physician, please call Capital Health Plan Member Services.
- After picking your physician, update your records either by calling Capital Health Plan Member Services or by making the selection in your CHPConnect account, which automatically sends a secure message to Member Services.
NextGen Patient Portal
The NextGen Patient Portal provides convenient, secure online access to the Physician Group of Capital Health Plan, allowing members to maintain an ongoing relationship with their doctor and practice staff.
If you are new to the Physician Group of Capital Health Plan (PGCHP), CHP Eye Care Center, or you do not have a portal account, please click here to send a request to our practice. You must be an active CHP member and be a part of a PGCHP or Eye Care practice for approval.
Already have an account? Access your NextGen Patient Portal account at NextMD.com.
With the NextGen Patient Portal, you can:
- Exchange secure messages directly with your physician, nurse, or eye care technician;
- Request or schedule appointments;
- Receive test results and requisitions;
- Request medication refills; and
- Access the Research Center for information on health issues.